It’s not long until Halloween is upon us so if you’re planning a party over this period; why not treat your guests to some delicious Vegan Pumpkin Spiced Cupcakes? (I’ll let you into a little secret, even though they are vegan, they’ll never know the difference!!!)
- 350g Plain Flour
- 1 ½ tsp Bicarbonate Of Soda
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Hundreds And Thousands
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- Pinch of Salt
- 70g Dairy Free Lactose Free Yoghurt
- 150g Golden Syrup
- 140ml Vegetable Oil
- 3 Pieces of Stem Ginger (with the syrup)
- 140ml Almond Milk
- Set the oven to 180C and line a cupcake-baking tray with paper cupcake liners.
- In a clean, dry bowl sift in the flour, baking powder, ground ginger, salt, ground cinnamon and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate bowl, add in the oil, golden syrup, yoghurt and milk and whisk them all together.
- Chop up the stem ginger finely (use as much as you would like, I think 3 pieces is enough to release some heat in your mouth, however if you want them slightly spicier, then add in some more). Add this with a tablespoon of the juice from the same jar and mix into the wet mixture.
- From here, add the wet mixture to the dry mixture, folding it together to make sure you keep it as aerated as possible. Once the dry and wet mixtures are together, add in as many sprinkles as you want to. I like to see a pop of colour as I’m munching through these beauties.
- Spoon the cupcake batter into the paper cupcake liners and place in the oven to bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until you can remove a skewer clean from the centre of the cupcakes.
- Once the cupcakes are done, remove them from the oven and leave to cool in the baking tray for 5 minutes, then once cool transfer them to a wire cooling rack and serve.
Stay tuned for some non-vegan halloween treats coming your way!!!
Enjoy my lovelies!