Trying to keep hold of a little sense of summer, I thought it would be a good idea to introduce these delectable flavours to the mix. Raspberry, vanilla and marshmallow truly are an incredible concoction, so get your mixers out and get baking…
Ingredients for the Cupcakes
- 200g Butter (at room temperature)
- 200g Plain Flour
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 4 Free Range Organic Eggs
- Punnet of Fresh Raspberries
- 1 ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- Pinch of Salt
Ingredients for the Marshmallow Butter Cream
- 200g Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 500g Icing Sugar
- 200g Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
Method for the Cupcake
- Set the oven to 180C and line a cupcake-baking tray with paper cupcake liners.
- In a clean, dry bowl add the butter at room temperature and beat continuously until the colour changes from a yellowish colour to a pale cream colour.
- Once this colour change occurs, add in the sugar and beat again.
- Now, add in the eggs, one at a time, making sure they have been well incorporated before adding the next.
- In a separate bowl add the flour, baking powder, bicarb, pinch of salt and stir with a spoon.
- Now, add the dry ingredients to the wet egg mixture 1/3 at a time until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Now, add in the vanilla extract and mix.
- If you have any left over flour, add your raspberries to it just so they are lightly dusted on the outside. This will prevent them from sinking in the cupcake batter.
- Now, add the lightly floured raspberries to the batter and combine.
- Pour the cupcake batter into the paper cupcake liners until they are 2/3 full.
- Place the cupcakes into the oven and leave to bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until they spring back to the touch.
- Once the cupcakes are ready, remove them from the oven and leave to stand in their baking tray for 5 minutes.
- Once those 5 minutes is up, remove them and leave to cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
Method for the Butter Cream
- Whilst the cupcakes are cooling, this will provide the perfect amount of time to whip up the delicious marshmallow butter cream.
- In a clean, dry bowl add the butter at room temperature and beat continuously until the colour change occurs.
- Now, add in the icing sugar slowly until it is well combined.
- Add in the marshmallow fluff and mix well.
- Finally add in the vanilla extract and beat.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes and decorate as you please…
Hope you’ve enjoyed this recipe, let me know what you think in the comments box below and if you really liked it, don’t forget to share!!!