So, I was hunting through my food supplies looking for all the ingredients used in Raisin, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies and I found the perfect combination of products. I never usually go about finding ingredients after having an idea, I usually look in my store cupboard and then decide what I’ll make. I just had a hankering for these delicious treats and so here is my delicious recipe for Raisin, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This is what you will need to make these fabulous bites;
- 225g Soft Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 Free Range, Organic Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 225g Butter (at room temperature)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
- 250g Plain Flour
- 250g Porridge Oats
- 80g Plain Chocolate Chips
- 60g Chopped Brazil Nuts
- 150g Raisins
- Set the oven to 180 Degrees Celsius and line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- In a clean, dry bowl add your butter and beat continuously for 5 minutes, until the butter turns from a yellow colour to a pale cream colour.
- Once this colour change occurs, it means the butter has become fully aerated and ready for the addition of both your dark and caster sugar.
- Beat the sugar into the butter until it reaches a light and fluffy consistency.
- Next, add in your eggs, one at a time, ensuring that all of your egg has been well incorporated into the mixture before the next addition of egg.
- Add in your vanilla extract and mix again.
- In a separate bowl add together your flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda, salt, chocolate chips, chopped Brazil nuts and raisins. Stir together.
- Add your flour mixture to your wet egg mixture about 1/3 at a time, ensuring that all of the ingredients have been incorporated before the next addition.
- Once all of the ingredients have been mixed together, using a metal spoon, spoon roughly the same sized scoops and place them on the two prepared baking trays. Ensure that you leave enough space in between each scoop so that they will not run into each other whilst baking.
- Place your cookie dough into the oven to bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until they turn golden brown in colour.
- Once your cookies are ready, remove them from the oven and leave to stand for a further 10 minutes on the baking tray.
- Once the 10 minutes is up, remove them carefully from the baking tray and leave to cool fully on a wire cooling rack.
Now, your Raisin, Oatmeal and Chocolate Chip Cookies are ready to eat, enjoy them with a glass of milk or a dash of vanilla ice cream …. Just DIVINE!
If you enjoyed this recipe please let us know in the comment box below! Don’t forget to share!